Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My annual signing at The Carle

This past weekend I was in Amherst, MA for my annual book signing at The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, now known as The Carle. It was a wonderful day and I was delighted to sign books for the visitors who came and waited so patiently in line.


People from all over including visitors from VA, CA, NY and even Iceland were at the Museum and I enjoyed meeting the teachers and children, grandparents and parents who arrived at the table where I sat with my pen.
Here I am taking a break and eating a healthy snack.


Bobbie and I are so happy to have had this time to come back to Massachusetts and visit with old friends here and the staff at the Museum who handled a busy day beautifully. There was ice cream and other treats in the apple orchard after the signing and I hope all who came enjoyed themselves as much as we did.

Photo credit: Kristin Angel

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed it this year, but I do hope to get there next summer. Til then fare well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year, could you post a heads up? I'm in Easthampton and would love to attend! Can't afford the newspaper anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find an entire page dedicated to videos of Eric Carle's books here -
    https://sites.google.com/site/animatedchildrenbooks/eric-carle

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time. I love apple orchards. We have a bunch by us out here in southern CA as well. We are near the San Bernardino mountains, so there are enough chill hours for a good harvest --Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mr Carle! I wish you will visit and sign books for children in Malaysia. We all love your picture books,who doesn't? :)

    Greetings from Malaysia,Shahida.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good that my son, here in Holland, who has autism is now learning about the very hungry caterpillar in his school :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attended with my cousin, sister, and daughter. I have been a huge fan since I can remember. My daughter is three months old and I was so happy to share the experience with her. Unfortunately my daughter fell asleep right when we got to meet you and woke up right after we had the opportunity! Thank you so much for signing our books! I can't wait to read them to my daughter and share the photos of us meeting you together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mr Carle,
    We are Prep D students from Hambledon State School. We just want to tell you our teacher Ms Kristie dressed up as The Very Hungry Caterpillar for the Book Week Parade. She looked really funny and also she had a partner from another class. His name is Lachlan. We also wanted to tell you we really enjoyed reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar Book"
    Thank you
    Prep D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spent two summers in Amherst and I can't tell you how disappointed I am that The Carle wasn't part of my experience! Perhaps the little one and I need a Mama & Ellie roadtrip to the Berkshires!

    ReplyDelete